At TPG Aged Care we’ve been looking after our veteran community for over 16 years and are now one of the largest veterans home care service providers in Perth. Under the Department of Veteran’s Affairs Veterans Home Care program we’ve developed our services to help our service men, women and their families to live supported in their own homes with dignity, independence to attain the best possible quality of life.

Our services include:

  • Community Nursing
  • Personal care
  • Domestic assistance
  • Safety-related home and garden maintenance
  • Respite care

DVA Community Nursing Services

Community nursing provides clinical nursing and/or personal care services to eligible members of the veteran community in their own home.
If you have a Gold Card, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) will fund community nursing services through DVA arrangements to meet all of your assessed clinical and/or personal care needs.

How do I obtain community nursing services?

You need a referral to access community nursing and/or personal care services, which you may obtain from a:

  • Local Medical Officer (LMO) or other General Practitioner (GP),
  • Nurse Practitioner specialising in a community nursing field,
  • treating doctor in hospital,
  • hospital discharge planner, or
  • Veterans’ Home Care (VHC) Assessment Agency

Veterans Home Care Program

Client copayments are applicable for personal care, domestic assistance and safety-related home and garden maintenance through the Veterans Home Care Program.

How do I apply?

To receive VHC services you must have an assessment by a VHC assessor. Most assessments are done over the phone. To arrange an assessment, call the VHC Assessment Agency on 1300 550 450. A VHC assessor will discuss your circumstances with you to identify the range of services you may need.

Click here to view VHC Factsheet.